Improve the performance of run collection event handlers
|Reported by:||abeham||Owned by:||abeham|
I have several experiments with a very large number of runs (several thousand per experiment). Even though the runs are only very small (serialized size of one experiment is no more than 10MB) and fitting them into memory is not a big problem, handling these runs is very slow. The good thing is that our analysis views work very well and fast. The box plot analysis is amazingly fast. However, there are several actions that should not take as long as they currently do:
- Selecting the first and shift-selecting the last runs takes about 15 minutes until all runs are selected.
- Copying these runs to a new run collection is also very slow.
I assume the event handlers that are currently implemented in the run collection view do not scale very well to large number of items. Their performance should be improved.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by abeham
- Cc mkommend added
- Owner changed from swagner to abeham
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by abeham
- Milestone changed from HeuristicLab 3.3.x Backlog to HeuristicLab 3.3.6
- Owner changed from abeham to mkommend
- Status changed from accepted to reviewing
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by mkommend
- Owner changed from mkommend to abeham
- Status changed from reviewing to readytorelease