Add an explanatory description to the CurrentSuccessRatio result
|Reported by:||abeham||Owned by:||abeham|
As reported by swinkler
- IMHO the meaning of the result "CurrentSuccessRatio?" is not completely clear, especially because there is no description given. This value rises steadily during a generation of an OS-GA; from the publications one could expect this parameter to be either constant (because it is a parameter of the OS) or fluctuating (because it represents something like the "success rate").
- abeham: It's an indication of how much of the currently generated offspring population in the OS step is successful compared to the total population. It's not a result as such, but rather a live status feedback. If it's causing confusion I'll remove it, but I'll have to talk to maffenze about this first.
- swagner: This parameter is quite valuable and should not be removed. I also would not change the name, but perhaps we can add an explanatory description?
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by abeham
- Milestone changed from HeuristicLab 3.3.x Backlog to HeuristicLab 3.3.5
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by abeham
- Milestone changed from HeuristicLab 3.3.5 to HeuristicLab 3.3.6
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by abeham
- Owner changed from abeham to swagner
- Status changed from accepted to reviewing
comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by swagner
- Owner changed from swagner to abeham
- Status changed from accepted to readytorelease
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.