Happy new year! The HeuristicLab development team kicked off 2012 with the brand new HeuristicLab 3.3.6 release.
One of the most exciting new features of HeuristicLab 3.3.6 is HeuristicLab Hive which provides an infrastructure for parallel and distributed computing. Hive consists of a server and computation slaves. Users can upload jobs to the Hive server which distributes the jobs among the available slaves. The slaves execute the jobs and send the result back to the server after they are finished. More information about how to install a Hive server and Hive slaves and how to use Hive in general can be found in the Howtos?.
Additional new features in HeuristicLab 3.3.6 include:
- Robust Taboo Search for the Quadratic Assignment Problem
- New Standard Algorithms for Regression and Classification (kNN, Neural Networks, Multi-Nominal Logit Regression)
- Genetic Programming Grammar Editor
- New Standard Tree-Creation Operators for Genetic Programming (Grow, Full, Ramped Half-Half)
- RunCollectionModifiers to Combine and Transform Algorithm Results
- Improved Customization and Export of Charts
- Performance Benchmarks
For a full list of all changes in HeuristicLab 3.3.6 have a look at the ChangeLog.
Go to the Download page or click on the image below to get HeuristicLab 3.3.6 now!